The NSS in Marudupandiyar College has 2 units with 100 volunteers in each unit along with five NSS Programme officers. Each unit adopts one village and conducts a special camp in the village every year. Volunteers are involved in creating awareness about financial literacy, social problems, education, cleanliness through stage shows, processions etc. The other activities of the special camp are temple cleaning, sapling plantation, health camps etc.
The Motto of NSS “Not Me but You”, reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the student’s development & appreciation to other person’s point of view and also show consideration towards other living beings.
The philosophy of the NSS is a good doctrine in this motto, which underlines on the belief that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society as a whole and therefore, the NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of the society.
· Understand the community in which they work
· Understand themselves in relation to their community
· Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process
· Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
· Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems
· Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities
· Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
· Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
· Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
· Practice national integration and social harmony
Regular Activities and Action Plans
- Blood Donation
- Tree Planation
- Awareness Programme
- Health Camp
- Swatch Bharath Activities
- Special Camps
- Speech of State Winners of National Youth Parliament Festiva
- NSS Republic Day Parade Camp
- Fit India Cyclothon
- 23rd National Youth Festival
- FIT INDIA Programme
- Action Plan for Celebration of Constitution Day on 26th November.
- NSS Action Plan for Poshan Maah
- Swachhta Pakhwada Action Plan
- Celebration of International Day of Yoga under NSS