The Youth Red Cross is the most important constituent of the mother organization Indian Red Cross. It is group movement organized at the initial stages for students between 18 and 25 years of age within the colleges. Youth Red Cross wing of Marudupandiyar College conducts various activities like health awareness programmes, training in first-aid and disaster management, and national integration programmes which foster service mind and social responsibility in students. Experts from various fields are invited and training sessions are given. Important national and international days are celebrated and competitions are conducted for the students to build their team spirit and leadership qualities.
Motto of Youth Red Cross
- Protection of Health and life- Health
- Service to the sick and suffering- Service
- Promotion of National and International friendship, to develop the mental and moral capacities of the Youth- Friendship
The main purpose of organizing the Youth Red Cross
- To inculcate in the Youth of our country.
- An awareness on the care of their own health and that of others.
- The understanding and acceptance of civic responsibilities and acting accordingly with humanitarian concern, to fulfil the same.
- To enable the growth and development of a spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion in the minds of Youth.
- To foster better friendly relationship with all without any discrimination.
Regular Activities and Action Plans
- Online quiz programme on Service Organizations and their Functioning
- Awareness programme on Healthy and clean habits to prevent Covid-19.
- Organize blood donation camps regularly.
- Online Covid-19 Awareness programme.
- Rally on International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
- First – Aid Awareness programme
- Nutritional Week Celebration